PEGGY CORNELL BENLINE SCHOLARSHIP
The Municipal Engineers of New York will
award two $1000 Scholarships to engineering or architectural students. This program is financed by a generous grant
by the late Capt. Arthur J. Benline in memory of his wife Peggy Cornell Benline. Capt. Benline was retired from the
Civil Engineer Corps of the United States Navy. He was a former Commissioner of Buildings, Commissioner of Air Pollution
Control, and was an honorary member and former president of the Municipal Engineers in 1968. This scholarship program
will continue in the future and will ensure that his name will be remembered for the good he has done for this society.
1. Each applicant must be a matriculated undergraduate student in an accredited college of engineering
or architecture in the Metropolitan area at the time of award.
2. Student who have previously been awarded a Municipal Engineers scholarship are no longer eligible.
3. Each applicant must submit a transcript of his/her scholastic
records and additional information as requested in the application form.
4. Eligible finalists will be called for an interview by the Scholarship Committee prior to final
determination of awards.
5. The scholarship
will be paid directly to the student to be applied toward one year's tuition and fees.
6. Applications may be obtained by writing to the Scholarship Committee, Municipal Engineers, c/o
the UPS Store, 64 Beaver Street, Box 125, New York, NY 10004 or download from this site.
Candidate is to attach a transcript of scholastic records and statement as to goals in pursuing engineering
- Letters of recommendation, if any,
may be attached, also a letter of sponsorship by a member of the Municipal Engineers, if possible.
- Please submit a statement as to how your college costs are being financed and list any scholarships
or tuition grants you are receiving.
for the next group of awards are to be mailed before September 30, 2017 to:
Municipal Engineers of the City of New York
536 LaGuardia Place
New York, NY 10012
Awards are announced at our annual Dinner-Dance in November